Weekly menus, recipes, and other kitchen miscellany.


Saturday, September 23, 2006

My First Menu, for the week of September 24-October 1

So this is my attempt at meal planning. Some of my readers at crazyacres asked to see what sort of menu I came up with, so here it is. I already did my grocery shopping for this menu, so there is no reason I can think of at this time why this shouldn't work. But then, there's always the unexpected...

Sunday

- We only eat dinner at home as brunch is served at church following Divine Liturgy. I am bringing an egg/bacon/cheese strata to share.
Dinner will be Pot Roast with roasted green beans, carrots, onions and potatoes.

Monday


Breakfast - Cream of Wheat and bananas, OJ, and hot tea
Lunch - Meat and Cheese sandwiches, popcorn, carrots
Snack - yogurt and granola
Dinner - Stuffed meatloaf, potatoes, asparagus

Tuesday


Breakfast - cold cereal with fruit, OJ
Lunch - Tomato Soup and grilled cheese, carrot sticks, apples
Snack - popcorn
Dinner - Hamburgers, mixed veggies, red beans and rice.

Wednesday


Breakfast - english muffins and peanut butter, OJ, tea
Lunch - tuna salad sandwiches, fruit and veggies
Snack - pretzels and cherry cider
Dinner - veggie lasagna


Thursday


Breakfast - Fried eggs and bacon with toast, OJ and hot tea
Lunch - ***Leftovers***
Snack - Cottage cheese with fruit
Dinner - Tacos

Friday


Breakfast - Hot Oatmeal with dried cherries, pecans and brown sugar, OJ, hot tea
Lunch - Peanut butter and jelly sanwiches, apple sauce, raw veggies
Snack - dried fruit and crackers
Dinner - Veggie and bean soup with bread, milk and hot tea.

Saturday is a free for all food-wise. Dinner is usually left-overs (again) or pizza or some other quick, easy, use-up-what-we-have type deal.

1 comment:

ukok said...

I'm here and looking forward to having another of your blogs to read :-)

About Me

My photo
I am trying to live in an authentic manner, in charity, and with an open hand. Wife, mom, artist, Eastern Catholic, wanting to shed the clutter!

Followers